Friday, September 12, 2014

8 Tips For Mommies Going Back to School




(This is our princess helping me with my homework.)

1. Find a school for working adults. Shop around for the right fit. My school allows me to take one class at a time. Ask people were they went to school. Finding the right fit will make you a more successful student.









2. Shop for price.You want a degree in the end, not student loan debt.








3. Plan ahead. Freeze meals. Buy toilet paper. Anything you can do ahead of time or on break helps.








4. Don't get behind!!! Keep up with assignments and readings. Ask your instructor what you can do ahead.








5. Dress professionally. When I was in undergrad, students wore work out clothes to class. Sadly, those days are gone.








6. Buy books on Amazon. Try not to buy at the bookstore. Get the ISN code and shop on line. It will save you a ton of money.








7. Make friends in class. Connections are important in the real world after school, but also connections help at school too. A classmate can take notes for you while your sick. Also, others may have a different point of view that is helpful.








8. Do homework together or at least at the same time. I let my children see me study. They are usually quiet while they do their homework.






Good luck!! You can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment