Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Princess Custom Nursery















There are so many cute things out there for babies that are so cute. With Etsy, you can get them just the way you want them. But these custom items come at a price. Even if you buy them from any store, they are still so expensive. When we prepared for the arrival of our princess, I decided to custom make many of the pieces. I used pinterest to find easy tutorials.



The Blanket

The blanket was easy.  Buy I yard of minky (the soft stuff with the bumps) fabric, 1 1/2 of flannel and satin ribbon binding. I cut the flannel to fit the minky. Then I used this sew dang cute blog for a tutorial for the binding. It was easy and quick. See the crib above.

The Dust Ruffle

I wanted to make the dust ruffle because I could not find any that I really liked for sale individually. The recommendation is that you no long use the bumper, so I did not spend the money on a set. This was probably the most difficult, but it turned out great. I used Runs with Spatulas for this tutorial. See photo of crib above.  I think it turned out, but I would have matched the ribbon on the blanket to the ribbon on the dust ruffle.





The Name Above The Crib

This turned out to be my favorite craft.  Turns out painting is really relaxing. I bought these letters at Babys R Us, but they did not hold the paint well. These wooden letters are less expensive and should hold paint better.  As you might have guessed our theme is giraffe. I started by painting a tan background. Then drew in random spots with a pencil. I then painted the spots brown. I used this kind of paint, just regular craft paint.










No comments:

Post a Comment