Monday, October 27, 2014

Review of Milky Lactation Supplement



My princess is seven months old and I have been back to work for 5 months. When I went back to work I had a freezer full of milk for back up. I thought we were holding our own on milk supply, but I opened the freezer and there were only 5 bags left.

After panicking, I started pumping an extra time a day at home. This helped some, but after feeding princess I would only have a couple of ounces left. She eats 4-5 ounces per feed, so it took several days of extra pumping to add one fed. At this point, I am sick of oatmeal and mothers milk tea.



So I decided to try Milky by Tia and Tamra Mowry. I bought it at Motherhood Maternity. I got a box that would last 6 days for $35. I almost had a heart attack. It is no longer available on their website, which was less expensive. Diapers.com sells it online for $29.99 plus shipping.  


It only comes in one flavor Strawberry. It has a strange herbal flavor only partially covered buy strawberry. Many of the ingredients are organic, maybe that is why it is so expensive. Several of the ingredients that I could not pronounce. The only active ingredient for lactation is fenugreek, but there are several others in the drink.  You only take Milky twice a day. I assumed this would help produce milk all day, but mostly you get a boost a few hours after taking the supplement. I definitely got better results taking it twice a day, I just tried to time them a few hours before pumping,  I went from producing 8-9 ounces in my first morning pumping to 10-12. I pump two more times in my work day and each of those times increased 1/2 ounce.  It was about the same as eating oatmeal, twice a day everyday.

Overall, it was expensive but I made the milk that I needed to fill my freezer!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment