Sunday, October 12, 2014

Shrimp and Avocado Salad for Lunch at Work

 




 


I found months ago, this zesty lime, shrimp and avocado salad on Pinterest.  My mom made it for me after Chloe was born and it was so good. We ate it all. But, I have never been able to take for my lunch at work because the shrimp goes bad. Then it occurred to me that if I froze the shrimp in individual portions, I could make the salad ahead and top it off with shrimp.

 
Shrimp and Avocado Salad



1 lb Shrimp divided into 3
1 medium tomato
1 avocado
1/4 cup chopped red onion (can use green onion)
juice of 1 lime 1 tsp olive oil
3 tbsp cilantro
salt and pepper to taste


Chop tomato, onion, avocado and cilantro. Combine in a bowl. Juice lime. Add olive oil, salt and pepper to lime juice. Top salad with dressing. Make sure to coat avocado well, so it does not turn brown. Makes 3 servings.






If you go to the seafood counter, ask for a pound of shrimp divided into 3 bags. They don't blink.





Chop your salad.








I cut avocado, by cutting the avocado in half, removing the seed, then cut the flesh of the avocado each way, finally spoon the avocado out of the peel and into your bowl. No messy fingers.




Make the dressing, by juicing a lime, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment