I discovered this recipe by accident one year when I stuffed it in the turkey and surrounding pan. When I basted the turkey with maple syrup it absorbed into the top layer of stuffing. The result was amazing and we have added maple syrup every year since.
Maple Syrup Dressing
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon butter
1 medium size yellow onion
12 corn bread muffins
2 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 can (14.5 oz.) Chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash together butter and sage.
3. In a skillet, heat sage butter. Add onion and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer to large bowl. Add corn bread muffins. They are better a couple of days old, stale and dry. Add salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, syrup and broth. Add to corn bread mixture, until well combined.
6. Bake in a baking dish for 40 minutes.